Energy and Commerce subcommittee on oversight and investigations met on Tuesday to beat up on Medicare Advantage plans. Chairwoman Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO) claimed seniors are “required to jump through numerous hoops” to get the care they need.
On Tuesday, the Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration met to discuss the Covid-19 vaccine booster. The advisory committee was tasked to decide whether to recommend updating the Covid vaccine to contain an Omicron component for booster vaccines in the United States. Public health officials are concerned that the arrival of colder weather than keeps people indoors along with emerging variants could result in a sharp rise in Covid cases.
- California opens Medicaid to illegal aliens.
- CDC looked at fake numbers in deciding whether children should get the Covid vaccine.
- Government run health care: In jails and prisons its awful.
- Gene editing can alter plants and fight cancer in humans – are designer babies next?
- Krugman completely loses it: compares the GOP to the KKK. (Hmm, wasn’t the KKK a Democratic organization?)
A new book coauthored by two economists explains the economics of legalized marijuana are not very lucrative. The regulations for selling legal weed are so onerous that illegal marijuana sells for half the price of the highly regulated legal product when competing for the same customers. In fact, the regulatory maze is such that in most states where cannabis is legal aspiring distributors hire consultants to assist with the application process. Indeed, the people in the cannabis industry making the most (legal) money are the consultants and lobbyists.