- 80 experts object to a proposal to slap a 95% tax on drugs that do not submit to price controls.
- China has matched the United States in output in seven high-tech sectors, including pharmaceuticals and medical products.
- If worry about climate change is a mental health issue, why is the W.H.O. contributing to the problem?
- The good news on immigration.
- A Bloody Waste: Why is the Red Cross turning down healthy blood that is being thrown away?
- Uvalde follow-up: While most people think that police have a duty to attempt to protect people from harm, the law has been clear—cops have no such duty.
- Coffee keeps you awake. Can it also keep you alive?
- Drug cartels in northern Mexico are kidnapping doctors to tend to gang members wounded in battle.
- Capretta on Medicare Part B: the government’s contribution to the SMI Trust fund will be $6.0 trillion over the period 2022 to 2031, reaching the equivalent of about 30 percent of all individual and corporate income tax receipts at the end of 75 years.
After two years plus of hopelessly failed interventions – the World Health Organization is on the brink of officially recommending that all countries adopt COVID-19 lockdowns to do the obviously impossible: “curb COVID-19 transmission.”