- The (health ) case against homelessness.
- Lead poisoning is a worldwide problem.
- The negative relationship between obesity and income is almost entirely driven by women. The relationship between income and weight is flat for men.
- Finally the press gets its comeuppance in the Columbia Journalism Review for promoting the Trump-Russia hoax.
- JAMA study: Medicare Advantage plans have higher quality and lower cost than traditional Medicare.
- Elon Musk threatens to release damning information on Twitter’s internal discussions about the decision to censor the Hunter Biden lap top story.
- Fauci leaves with no apologies. Here is why apologies are needed.
- Scott Atlas: Drs. Anthony Fauci and Deborah Birx, as well as academics who supported lockdown measures, have left behind a harmful legacy that Americans are still grappling with today.
- New Biden regulations threaten to turn Medicaid into “Welfare for All”.
- Which is better: Medicare or Medicare Advantage? NYT gives a biased view.
Another Argument against Medicare for All
From my latest column at Forbes:
Consider the effect of having one insurer cover drugs, while the other two are covering medical care. If a diabetic skips his insulin and other medications, that is actually profitable for the drug insurer – since these are expenses it doesn’t have to cover. However, if such non-adherence to a drug regimen leads to emergency room visits and hospitalization, those are costs the other two insurers will have to bear.
- What if the FTC truth-in-advertising law applied to Congress? CBO: The inflation Reduction Act will have a negligible effect on inflation.
- Nurses leaving the ER for Botox.
- Company wants a cell or two from you, so it can grow an embryo and harvest organs. HT: Tyler Ghoulish
- Since Democrats need every vote to pass their IRA bill, their new approach to Covid in Congress is: “Don’t ask, don’t tell.”
- The controversy over SSRIs has become political. But shouldn’t we all want to know what antidepressants mass shooters were on when they opened up on innocent victims?