- Launch price for a course of treatment for Type 1 diabetes approaches $200,000. We predicted the IRA bill would lead to higher launch prices. But even we are shocked by this one.
- Anthony Fauci to be deposed in a lawsuit against the federal government for allegedly colluding with social media companies to censor speech.
- Hospital care at home: outcomes are actually better, but it’s scheduled to go away when the (Covid) public health emergency goes away. (NYT)
- Rare and unusual Covid side effects: hairy tongues, purple toes, welts that sprout on the face, and more. (NYT)
- “Apparently, to the people that write [CDC] guidelines, more people dying of COVID is less of a concern if the deaths are more racially balanced.”
- Over half of Covid deaths are among people who have been vaccinated.
- Scotland is considering these reforms to the National Health Service:
An option to “Pause funding of new development/drugs” unless they can be proved to save the NHS money… Stopping care services altogether and instead sending patients home for care.