Telemedicine got a tremendous boost during Covid when Americans were isolating in their homes and many doctors were afraid to see patients face-to-face. In addition, many people were stressed from social isolation with kids attending schools online while parents tried to work from home. As a result, mental health services also went online. Experts are…
- Even though drugs can be a highly effective therapy, most states prohibit psychologists from prescribing medications for their mental health patients.
- Pandemic spending waste: only one quarter of the jobs supported by PPP funds would have disappeared without the program and the funds rarely reached their intended target of rank-and-file workers.
- Paragon report: Medicaid now has more than 15 million ineligible recipients.
- New medical tech claim: a complete genome mapping for$100.
- How that could change medicine.
- Progressive Caucus wants to change the name of Medicare Advantage to curtail its popularity.
My mother told the story about my birth on a few occasions. She went into labor and my father drove her to the hospital 40 miles away. A nurse at the hospital assured my mother her baby wasn’t yet due. My mother explained she was in labor nonetheless. I don’t recall whether she called her doctor or if the hospital called him. How things have changed since I was born. The natural process that’s been occurring in humans for 200,000 to 300,000 years has now become a medical procedure requiring with emergency care.
- Why is Amazon selling suicide kits?
- The Easterlin Paradox: happiness varies with income across countries and between individuals, but does not seem to vary significantly with a country’s income as it changes over time.
- Cuban life expectancy is exemplary in Latin America; but that was true before the Cuban Revolution; and the gap began to close after the Cuban Revolution. (HT: Tyler)
- More reasons to doubt extreme global warming.
- Does Biden want to end the gig economy?