- Climate anxiety is a mental health problem.
- Biden: the pandemic is over, but not his emergency Covid powers.
- IRS is about to end the Obamacare “family glitch” by re-wring then law. (gated)
- The CDC has lost the public’s confidence. Is the answer to give it more money?
- The 340b program was supposes to support drug therapy for low-oncome patients. Hospitals are using it to rip us off.
- Why don’t men get more vasectomies?
- CRISPR isn’t just for editing human genes. It can be used to increase corn and rice yields by 10%.
- Finally: the masks are coming off in Head Start.
- How would you like to be an inch or so taller? Doctors can oblige you.
- Learning loss was greatest in school districts that remained remote the longest.
- More on Rand Paul v. Anthony Fauci.
- Why its hard to know which drugs work best against Covid.
A report by the Initiative for Medicines, Access & Knowledge (I-MAK) released a report on patent abuse and so-called gaming of the patent system. I-MAK is a nonprofit organization that advocates drug patent reform.
Four pharmaceutical companies have filed hundreds of patents to keep their drugs out of the hands of generic competition and prolong their “unprecedented profits,” according to a report published Thursday.
- Drug Companies finance about 75% of the FDA’s drug budget.
- The percentage of physicians using tele-visits/virtual visits grew from 14% in 2016 to 80% in 2022 while the percentage of physicians using remote monitoring devices grew from 12% in 2016 to 30% in 2022.
- Rand Paul v. Fauci on natural immunity.
- Pandemic spending reduced the poverty rate; but the resulting inflation left us al worse off.